April saw the release of my two year phone contract with AT&T. Yay!! As of now I’m a free agent impatiently waiting for the arrival of the iPhone 6. Currently, I own the iPhone 4s and skipped over the 5 & 5s versions as they were released soon after I renewed my contract.
Rumors about details of the newest installment of the iPhone are all over the Internet. Digital Trends has put together a comprehensive post with associated links to the various rumored specs for this soon to be debuted iPhone. I’ve listed a few of the more interesting specs that would have me buy this device:
- Near Field Communication.
- Curved glass display.
- Two sizes – 4.7 inch and 5.5 inch display models. I’m thinking some type of ‘phablet’?
- Solar charging overlay screens.
- One touch button may go bye-bye.
- Sapphire crystal display with self-healing coating.
- Liquid metal body. Every time I come across this rumor, I can’t stop myself from thinking of Terminator.
- Camera upgrade to 10 megapixel with an aperture of f/1.8. Ring flash included?
Tech Radar has produced a concept trailer of the upcoming iPhone:
Also, rumor has it that this new incarnation may debut in August. I’ve waited nearly two years, a few months won’t make any difference for me. I’m curious to see what turns out to be real and what is purely rumor when the device is officially revealed. There is a high probability I may be one of the geeks camping outside an Apple store to buy a device on release day. Stay tuned to this blog for updates on specs and release dates for the iPhone 6. In addition, I’m keeping my eye out for the rumored Canon EOS 5D Mark 4 release date and specs.
12,001 total views, 1 views today